By Clarissa Buch
With year-round gorgeous weather, the Caribbean sports some of the most idyllic beaches in the world. That's why we've put together your ultimate guide to the seven most spectacular coastlines across the region. From the Dominican Republic, to Jamaica, and Mexico, block out a few days on your calendar--it's time to revisit the Caribbean.
1. Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. As one of the Caribbean's most popular destinations, Punta Cana is known in part for its impressive white-sand coastline. Featuring wide stretches of beachside lined with lanky palm trees, keep an eye out for Playa Bavaro, Juanillo, Playa Blanca, Cabeza de Toro, and Uvero Alto, depending on where your resort is located. They each offer picturesque scenery, killer beaches, and enough room to comfortably stretch out.
2. Cancun, Mexico. With more than 14 miles of unobstructed coastline, Cancun is a Caribbean hotspot for a beach getaway. Add in the Riviera Maya, located south of Cancun, and that number skyrockets to more than 150 miles of waterfront.
In the Hotel Zone, there are numerous all-inclusive resorts to choose from, including Palace Resorts' Sun Palace, Beach Palace, and Le Blanc Spa Resort, which feature private beach access. Otherwise, the city offers a slate of public-access beach areas including, Playa Chac Mool, Playa Forum, and Playa Delfines. Besides gorgeous beaches, they offer watersport activities, snorkeling, and various food and drink vendors.
3. Los Cabos, Mexico. While Los Cabos isn't located in the Caribbean, we'd be remiss without featuring this picture-perfect area with dozens of beaches, and equally dazzling resorts like newly-opened Le Blanc Los Cabos. Some of the beaches are better for swimming and snorkeling, while others are renowned for their beauty. Either way, the region averages 350 sunny days per year, which means you're guaranteed ample sunshine during your visit. Consider Playa Solmar, Playa Chileno, and Playa Palmilla.
4. Isla Mujeres, Playa Norte. Less than five miles long and barely half a mile wide, Isla Mujeres' Playa Norte is named one of the Top 10 Beaches in the World in 2017 by TripAdvisor. It's the greatest way to take in the beauty of the island, which features a crystal blue oceanside and paradise-like conditions. There are also dozens of smaller treasures of pristine sand and turquoise water like in front of Isla Mujeres Palace.
5. James Bond Beach, Jamaica. Less than ten miles east of Ocho Rios, which is home to Palace Resorts' luxurious Moon Palace Jamaica property, you'll find James Bond Beach. It includes a water-sports center, a full-service restaurant, and a beach bar. Beyond its noteworthy coastline, the beach earned its name after it was learned that English author Ian Fleming wrote many of his James Bond spy novels there. Over the years, it has also become a frequent site for A-list musicians like Rihanna and Lauryn Hill.
6. Cozumel, Mexico. All along the southeast end of the island, find a long stretch of beautiful beach with little development. That means you'll find untouched shorelines and few tourists. It's the place to go if you're in search of some rest and relaxation and just minutes away from Cozumel Palace on the west coast.